Here is a resolution to a call I received last week.
Novell OES2 with Linux
eDirectory 8.7 NetWare ; 8.8 OES2 Linux
iManager Reports Invalid incarnation Number when attempting to create a NSS pool or Volume on OES Linux
See TID 7000741
Deleted Proxy user, Not sure if the Proxy user was reinstalled correctly.
Systems admin tried running command as explained in the TID.
1. nssAdminInstall -a .admin.HPSD HPSD_TREE -p xpasswd -o .server1admin.HPSD HPSD_TREE
1. nssAdminInstall -a admin.HPSD HPSD_TREE -p xpasswd -o server1admin.HPSD HPSD_TREE
Error ffffda2 installing nssAdmin
Converted HEX to Decimal and looked up 606
-606 0xFFFFFDA2 FDA2 = ERR_ENTRY_ALREADY_EXISTS
So.. It's telling us that "cn=server1admin.HPSD" already exists.
2. Compared cn=server1admin with cn=server2admin from NetWare Console using DSBROWSE. They were different. Renamed server1admin to server1adminOLD
3. Tried command again. This time received a success error:
Successfully installed nssAdmin.
1. In iManager, click Storage > Pools.
For instructions, see Section 8.1.3, Accessing Roles and Tasks in iManager.
2. Select a server to manage.
For instructions, see Section 8.1.4, Selecting a Server to Manage.
3. In the Pools list, select the pool you want to update.
Wait for the page to refresh. It displays the pools details and enables its management options.
4. Click Update eDirectory.
1. Don't use leading DOT's with nssAdminInstall.
2. Systems Administrator had reinstalled the server, but failed to delete the "ServernameAdmin" account for the server. Then he deleted the account and re-created by hand. Once we renamed the account and used nssAdminInstall according to TID 7000741 we had success.
TID 7000741 Technical Information Document from Novell