Exchange OAB error (OAB = Offline Address Book)
Receiving error from Outlook 0x8004010F everytime anyone from Caching Mode access the Offline Address Book.
Receiving event id in exchange 9334 Source MSExchangeSA
My previous Exchange server crashed and I moved the database to a new a new virtual instance. I tried to move all Exchange services i.e. routing, update service, etc. but for some reason I still get an error from this OAB
MS Exchange Best Practices Analyzer SERVER Scanned
Cause from the BPA:
Offline address book definition is missing The 'msExcUseOAB' value for mailbox store 'Mailbox Store [SERVER]' is missing. This will cause offline address book errors for 441 users in this database.Actions:
If the value for the msExchUseOAB attribute is missing it will cause offline address book errors for users in this information store.
To resolve this issue, associate the offline address book with a mailbox store by using the procedures below. To associate the Offline Address Book with a particular mailbox store in Exchange Server 2003
- Start the Exchange System Manager.
- Expand the server and the storage group affected.
- Right-click the mailbox store and click Properties
- Click the General tab, and then click the Browse button that is on the right side of the Offline Address Book box.
- Enter an offline Address Book to associate with this mailbox store, and then click OK
If you are using Microsoft Exchange. Run the Microsoft Exchange Best Practices Analyzer frequently. If you encounter an error? Run the BPA! It points you to the error and the recommended solution online.